HomeClassesPrintsDVD's

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where Bloggers Create blog party!

Welcome to my studio/garage where I create, teach, design, and hang out most of the time. The garage is heated and has air conditioning which is a must here in Scottsdale Arizona. Here are some pictures you might like to see that will give you an idea of what my students have done in class. By the way, every time, when I go online every morning, there are 6-8 hits about classes. Because of this I have started a new concept for people who can not take my classes..It is called DECOUPAGE CLASS IN A BOX. You can order from me or on Etsy. It has all the prints and most of the supplies you will need to finish your project for yourself, or to give as gifts or to sell.


More examples of projects
This little table was done in my 18th century prints. The legs and apron around the top was painted antique white then spattered with orange shellac. Below this set of frames from Hobby Lobby were painted and around the edges faux French ribbon prints were added for interest. 18th century prints were used in the different size frames. A tassle, also from Hobby Lobby, was glued to the bottom.


One of the first projects students do are these faux  French wine tiles. They were put  together with a drawer pull, ribbon and a tassle again from Hobby Lobby. ( Gel Medium was used to adhere the ribbon to the back of the tiles )
                                                                 


Planter with repousse owl, door front done with casein and antiqued and another view of French table

Repousse Country French costume figure in a frame on paper. Faux ribbon around edge of frame

View'd optique or elevations some call this technique. Rose and butterfly in a shadowbox frame.

Why I like to work in my studio/garage because of the built-in cabinets  I can store lots of things.

Now you have an idea what decoupage is all about. If you would ask me questions please blog me and I will be happy to answer them...Vonda

24 comments:

Jo said...

Thank you for the tour!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Vonda,

Oh my goodness - it is so nice to meet you. I just took a tour of your studio in your garage - oh la la - air condition and heat - how nice that you can create all year long. You have a lovely space to create. I love your "class in a box" - such a wonderful and creative idea for students who are not able to attend your class in person.

I am off to visit your ETSY shop.

Have a creative day,
Blessings,
Erin

Thank you for your nice comments on my blog.

Unknown said...

What a lovely and creative workspace. And what a lovely rose and butterfly in a shadowbox frame. So pretty! Thanks for lovely visit for the blog party.

Dawn @ alteredartists said...

Lovely post. I want to come and play at your place! Keep in touch. Thanks for stopping by my place!
~Dawn

Sandra Kaye said...

Hey Vonda, I loved playing in your garage. Your home is beautiful. Thanks for letting me visit with Karen. Come by and see my studio when you can. Hugs--Sandie

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by. The casein paints look intriguing. I'll have to pick some up and try them out. Love your art and your space!

Anonymous said...

WOW a whole garage as a creative space...talk about Creative space envy!!!

Terri said...

Such Talent! So nice to have all that built in storage ... what a day we could have creating in your studio! TFS!!!

Vicki said...

Hi, Vonda. Thanks for the tour of your space. I'm sure you are so glad to have the heat and air out there. What a nice space for classes. So nice to meet you.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good afternoon, Vonda,
What a good idea to create your own kits and sell them in your Etsy shop. I'll bet they are a big hit...I'm heading over there now, to check them out!

Thank you so much for sharing your creative space with us. I hope you have time to stop over and visit mine...there is a little giveaway at the end!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Take care, ~Natalie

Debbie said...

So much fun stuff love your print work, the little stool is my fav.
Great ideas thanks for sharing your time and talent!!
debbie
mybrowneyedgirldesigns
xoxo

fairyrocks said...

Vonda, You do gorgeous works of art. I wish you much success in your newest adventure in teaching.
Keep smiling and creating. Very tidy space BTW thanks for sharing

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Looks so fun and I'm glad that you have an airconditioner.

come visit to enter the drawing

cindy@stitches

Rebecca Nelson said...

Gorgeous work, Vonda! Thank you so much for the amazing tour. I loved my visit.

Blessings~

Rebecca

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great pieces, Vonda! I love those containers. They must be fun to work on!

Valery Klassen said...

Wonderful space, thanks for sharing. You do such gorgeous work!

Claudia said...

Your decoupage work is lovely! And so is your creative space.

Angela Weimer said...

Thank you for the tour. Your pieces are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Tammy said...

Thank you for the tour! Love the french country theme of your blog!

Karen Valentine said...

Oh My Goodness, my friend! I thought I already left you a comment, but I see that I haven't!! I am just now getting near the end of the list. It's been a long party but totally fun!!! I miss coming over and hanging out with you!! We'll have to schedule a "play date" very soon! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity with all my blog friends!!
Love ya!
Karen

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Vonda,
Thank you for sharing your creative space and your beautiful artwork with us. I can see how everything you need is right at your finger tips; nicely convenient and fun to create there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vonda! Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog - I am truly flattered that an artist of your caliber would want to follow what I say :D Also, thanks for the link to one of my posts - did you watch that video? It is really an awesome technique I must, must try!
I love your blog and your etsy shop, hmmmm, I think I can get in trouble there! :D
Hugs and have a great week,
Beth P

Something Special said...

You have a gift, so talented are you. i absolutely love those french tiles! Love how you displayed them also. Thankyou for the tour. I am your newest follower.

PattyLynn said...

It's great to see you are still creating! I have a trunk my Mom did years ago at your studio off 5th Ave. in Scottsdale, and well I remember helping her lug that thing up those stairs...lol!