HomeClassesPrintsDVD's

Friday, September 3, 2010

A couple of decoupaged wastebaskets

I have been doing decoupage ever since Noah said we have landed on dry ground you can get off now, yet through all the years of teaching, cutting, pasting and designing, I realized the other day, I have been working harder not smarter. Case in point when designing the wastepaper basket I cut out this flimsy border I was going to use around the Country French figures. I had a heck of a time trying to hold the border in place...I had four different prints and ovals to glue on the wastebasket.. good grief !!!! Then the light bulb came on..get out the old trusty glue stick, glue your print to a a sheet of paper, glue your wreath around the print make a photo copy cut it out and voila it is done.
 Another idea for a wastepaper basket using the same idea of gluing the prints on a sheet of paper. I used orange shellac to age the prints and the trims around the flower prints. They were a series of flower of the month prints I got at the National Trust store in London. The border trim at the bottom and the top edge of the basket are trims I carry.
 Shown are all the paper pieces that I used on the black wastepaper basket. You can see how much easier it is to just cut out the assembled print. (remember, work smart... not hard. )

11 comments:

She Uses Her Words said...

These are just lovely! You make it sound so easy. I will be following your blog. Have a good weekend! Karen

Connie K. said...

Vonda,
I am so happy to have found you through Karen Valentines blog...
I took classes from you many years ago...I was actually pregnant at the time with my older son..who is now 34..
I learned so many wonderful techniques from you..that I still put to use...
In all these years , I have moved numerous times..too many to count..but the one piece of furniture that has gone with me is the beautiful trunk I redid with you guidance..
People still ask me how I learned to redo furniture and I always launch into my Vonda Jessup story...seriously....
I am still paper crafting and redoing furniture and scouting for good junque...you have been with me all these years...
So good to find you!Thanks for all your inspiration...

Angela Richardson said...

Hi Vonda,
I just came over from looking at Karens beautiful tray.
I love your work and how you are decorating your house, I'll be visiting often.
Drop by and see me, I'mm having my first 'Giveaway' do join in.
Best wishes, Angela.

Barbara Jean said...

Beautiful work! Love them.

Came over from Karen's.
Your blog is wonderful!

blessings
barbara jean

Isabel said...

They look awesome and too pretty to use:O) Blog hopping from Desert Cottage, Welcome to Blog Land:O)

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Vonda,

Welcome to blogging! I found you through Karen's site. I love the work you've done, you're very talented. I would like to invite you to visit my blog as well and if you sign up to follow me, and leave a comment on my current posting, you'll be entered into my fall giveaway. I also hope to meet you sometime soon, as I also live in Arizona. I live in Gilbert and I offer classes as well in distressing, scrapbooking, paperclay sculpting, beginning Photoshop, etc. I don't have any classes posted at this moment as my classroom (also in my home) is being redecorated and I'm also waiting for it to cool down. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hugs,
Meri
www.imagimeris.blogspot.com
www.imagimeri.etsy.com
meriw@cox.net

Ruth said...

Hello Vonda.... Your blog is just beautiful. Karen is a blog design master, that's for sure!

I look forward to learning the painting and distress techniques that you have come to do so well. Those baskets are beautiful. Not being an atistic painter, decoupage has been my answer.

I look forward to following.

Ruth ;)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi Vonda, welcome to blogging. Your work is beautiful. I wanted to inform you of Arizona Bloggers. We get together for lunch about twice a year,just to visit. I would love to include your name if you would like. Just let me know!!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

I love Karen's beautiful tray Vonda. I've been looking through your posts and love all of the ideas I am getting from you. I am going to follow along with you.

Lee Ann

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I am new to your blog - it's so nice...I love all your projects. I did a similiar faux hood cover in my kitchen, but not nearly so elaborate. I wish I lived close enought to take your classes but alas, I don't. I will be checking back in here often. (-: Come and see me when you get a chance!

Unknown said...

Hi Vonda!! Yup. I found you on Miss Karen's site as well!! Goodness! You are aMAZing at what you do. The decoupage is gorgeous. Sure wish I lived closer....
xo
lynn